Wednesday, December 29
1. what did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?:
Of the things I am willing to admit to, I organised a funeral, I managed to save amounts of money larger than ten dollars. I turned twenty (never done that before) I became truly apathetic (granted the apathy period was only a few weeks, but I have never felt truly 100% apathetic in my life until that period)
2. did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?:
I kept along the tracks of a few. Lose weight: managed to drop one dress size but on a fat chick that’s really not noticeable. Save money: did actually save myself a nest egg which was going to go towards my dream holiday, but father died and I have eaten through it, and when I saved it up again school fees ate it up again. Find a Path: I have had a lot of options and never felt particularly strong about any of them but even though I don’t feel strongly about the path I have picked I think it will lead me on new wacky adventures, and also into debt but it will be a fun debt to be in. Move Out: I will be doing that very very soon. Oh and find the love of my Life: Of course this one didn’t happen, see “The nice girl, but…” clause, but I didn’t meet anyone really new or Kimberly-worthy just milled around the same people, so I’m really blaming it on less oppurtunities.
New, New Years Resolutions: Lose more weight, Save More Money, Have fewer close family members up and die on me, Succeed in whatever I attempt and Find me a future husband type boy.
3. did anyone close to you give birth?: Nope
4. did anyone close to you die?: Yes my Father on Easter Monday.
5. what countries did you visit?: Nil.
6. what would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?: Happiness, Stability, Security, Somebody
7. what dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?:
Seriously I can remember a hundred dates from this year and they have all been burned onto my brain everything from the 15th Janurary to the 19th August, I have a 'rainman' like memory for dates
8. what was your biggest achievement of the year?:
probably learning how to be moderatley independent, I’m not completely there yet but one day I will be.
9. what was your biggest failure?:
I’m still far too selfish, I need to focus beyond me
10. did you suffer illness or injury?:
Was diagnosed with coeliac disease (wheat intolerance) but since that has been diagnosed all my other illnessy things have improved
11. what was the best thing you bought?:
D.V.D’s ooh baby I loves my D.V.D’s or the Childrens Book, ‘Coraline’ by Neil Gaiman, and actually made a few good clothing choices this year (even though I couldn’t afford any of these things)
12. whose behaviour merited celebration?:
My Brother, he is the most beautiful creature I know and I have no idea how I could of survived this year without him let alone his hugs.
13. whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?:
A few of my friends behaviour (guess who?) didn’t appall me just left me in a state of confusion, but the Australian and American Voting Public… W.T.F!!!! left me with a bitter taste in my mouth.
14. where did most of your money go?:
Bills and survivial and D.V.D’s and clothes
15. what did you get really, really, really excited about?:
Nothing really, I did nothing new this year, and the Dad death really put a dampener on exciting things this year
16. what song will always remind you of 2004?:
The Thrills: Whatever Happened to Corey Haim,
17. compared to this time last year, are you:
a)happier or sadder? Sadder
b) Thinner or fatter?: Thinner
c) richer or poorer?: poorer
18. what do you wish you'd done more of?:
I wish I avoided certain people a lot more than I did, I wish I went out there and made some new friends, I wish I read more new books instead of re-reading my old books
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?:
Less crying (Every Night for fucks sake!), I wish I didn’t spend as much time as I did with certain people, I wish I didn't spend my money of frivolous things and actually saved it
20. how will you be spending christmas?:
Ok a little late for the response but I spent Christmas in an R.S.L club, at an all you can eat buffet followed by a movie in the city with my friend Matt, and lots and lots of alcohol.
22. did you fall in love in 2004?:
I may of said that I did, but in reality I only fell in love with one thing and that was the idea of being in love, which I am going to have to sort out because the ‘idea’ of love is going to screw me over more than actually being in love/
23. How many one-night stands?
Only one actual one night stand (gasp!), but there were a couple of Fuckbuddies and then my self imposed celibacy oath that has been broken a few times by a certain 'Evil' Man.
24. what was your favourite tv program?: I do enjoy Television a great deal, and the series ‘John Safran vs God’ was amazing, I am also partial to Enough Rope with Andrew Denton, I did enjoy that 'Little Britain' series but then I am a sucker for English comedy but I can safely say Thank God Friends and Sex and the City are over, both were far too overated for me
25. do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?:
I hate a few people, a million more just truly perplex me
26. what was the best book you read?:
I didn’t get to read too much New Stuff this year or any year as I like to remain firmly stuck in the past, but I did enjoy ‘Coraline’ by Neil Gaiman, ‘Oryx and Crake’ By Margaret Atwood was also good, But apart from that my year was spent Re-reading for the millionth time Pride and Predjudice and Don Quixote and my already elstablished collection of easy read ‘Brit-Chick-Lit’ I am so very very sad
27. what was your greatest musical discovery?:
This year I have enjoyed many new groups but they haven’t moved my tastes into a new direction I still am obsessed with my feel-god 80’s ra-ra crap, but I did have a really good time with my rediscovery of some old Radiohead and Muse
28. what did you want and get?:
Apart from Krispy Kreme Doughnuts? Hmmm I got most of my clothing demands met, anything really that I bought was something that I wanted soo um everything.
29. what did you want and not get?:
Apart from a waist? I didn’t get to meet the love of my life, or for any of my family members to suffer (that’s something I wish for all the time) I didn’t make the millions of dollars I wanted to and I didn’t get to cure cancer, but I’m not going to dwell on any of that because really the only things I want is a) the love of my life and b) for my family and loved ones not to suffer or at least to have a lovely life and they will have to come, I am not a bad person
30. what was your favourite film of this year?:
Ok I am movie obsessed and have seen so many movies this year so I will just give you the list of my favourites of 2004 because I don't think one really stands out over the rest.
1) ‘Dogville’ if you like dark movies this baby is for you 2) ’21 grams’ but I like coincidence movies 3)’The Station Agent’ I like movies about anti-social people. 4) ‘Wonderland’ Movies about Dead Porn Stars are good 5) ‘Goodbye Lenin’ I cried like a baby in this one, 6) ‘Thirteen’ scarily accurate 7) ‘Girl with a Pearl Earring’ this movie has a quiet beauty I loved. 8) ‘Pieces of April’ it was funny and true about family relationships. 9) ‘Elephant’ the Gus Van Sant movie loosley based on Columbine, truly weirded me out but it is a must see movie. 10) ‘Kill Bill: vol 2’ a truly fun movie 11) ‘Troy’ it was an ok movie, really only has value as eye candy 12) ‘Statement’ I love Michael Caine movies, and this one about two policeman in pursuit of him for Nazi war crimes is a tight little thriller that makes you question many things. 13) ‘Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind’ easily one of my favourite films of the year, made me laugh think and cry at the same time 14) ‘Harry Potter and the Prisner of Azkaban’ the best Harry Potter film so far the look the feel and the fact that it was under three hours made it an enjoyable experience. 15) ‘Mean Girls’ Best teen girl comedy in years 16) ‘Farenheit 9/11’ thought provoking, funny and tragic I loved it 17) ‘Supersize me’ interesting how one man can do something so harmful for entertainment, bless him though 18) ‘Shrek 2’ funny not as good as the original but the puss in boots character pure genius. 19)’Garden State’ Beautiful to watch, and was a lovely story to boot, I wish I was an attractive nutcase 20) ‘Team America: World Police’ Hilarious and makes idiots of everyone and puppet sex the best thing I have seen on screen all year 21) ‘I Heart Huckabees’ If you leave this film actually knowing what happened you did ten times better than me, but it made me think, and realise that not only am I not right but you aren’t right either. Ooh 22) ‘Saved’ this movie is so accurate about teenage christianity
31. what did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?:
I turned 20 on the third of March this year, and I did nothing, the next day an internet friend gave me tickets to a concert so I moved my birthday back to the fourth
32. what one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?:
Probably meeting the love of my life like the bitch palm readers said I would, well where is he, where the fuck is he?… did that make me sound angry. Oh and my father not dying that would of been nice too
33. how would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?:
Casual, Classic Comfort with a twist
34. What kept you sane?
Money and escapism into DVD’s and Pride and Predjudice
35. which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?:
Chris Issak is always going to be my dream babymaking partner,
36. what political issue stirred you the most?:
None, My fathers death really stopped me caring about politics
37. who did you miss?:
38. who was the best new person you met?:
Did I meet anyone new? I can’t remember anymore
39. tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
Leave a Will, no matter how little you possess a will is a fucking godsend. And really you can trust nobody on this planet, except yourself, which is cynical and a sad way to look at things but the is one thing that can be guaranteed in life and that’s people will always let you down, so just learn not to depend on them
40. Do you think 2005 will be a better year for you?
Even if I got fatter uglier and cancer to boot, 2004 genuinley was the worst year of my life, so yeah things should get better
Posted by Miss Kiki at 3:43 pm
Tuesday, December 28
This is the beginning of a new blog, I have decided this will be my official blog the one I can pass along to family and friends without fear, this will be the journal that is the non-dramatic me, there will be no hardcore emotional entries or political rants either, this will be just a place a nice quiet place where I can keep track of my life, granted I will still be keeping my old melodramatic diary with it's many words incoherently describing my pathetic attempts at life, but it will be locked up and only revealed to strangers (in other words, I'm changing the address baby!) while this my friends, is for my friends, enemies and acquaintances.
Now lets just hope I see this thing through.
Now lets just hope I see this thing through.
Posted by Miss Kiki at 3:19 am